The Art Gallery of Alberta operates within a set of standardized procedures with regard to collection acquisitions. Donation proposals must be approved by a Collections Committee and our Board of Directors who carefully review all offers. Their decisions to recommend works for acquisition are based on the historical importance of the artist and/or work, the relevance to the community, contribution to Gallery’s overall collecting objectives/mandate, the current condition of the work, as well as any special conservation and/or storage requirements.
If you are interested in donating to the AGA please send all relevant information about the work(s), including artist name and C.V, title, date, medium, and dimensions, as well as an image(s) to email@example.com. Once the proposal is reviewed we will inform you of their decision to present it to the Committee and Board. Please note, this process may take several months.
The AGA does not offer appraisal services. If you are interested in having an artwork appraised, please contact a local appraiser, commercial gallery, or auction house for their services.
Unfortunately we are not taking unsolicited exhibition proposals at this time. If you are interested in our programming, refer back to our website and social media accounts for periodic calls for submissions. For questions regarding exhibition proposals and other gallery programming please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order an image and/or request permission to reproduce an image from the AGA collection, please contact our Registrar at email@example.com. Please include as much of the following information as possible in your request:
- Contact name and title
- Company name
- Billing addresses
- Phone number
- Email address
- Information about the object requested (i.e., object number, artist, title, medium, date)
- Project or publication name and description (for publications, please provide as much bibliographical information as possible)
- Quantity (print run or estimated number of subscriptions if an online publication)
- Please indicate if this is an educational or non-profit project.
- If you are requesting permission to reuse an image you already have, please indicate when you obtained it. If applicable, include an invoice.