- Provide a point of entry to the AGA and current exhibitions that is accessible and equitable for people of all ages, experiences and capacities.
- Foster problem solving, critical thinking and collaboration through play, discussion, hands-on process and reflection
- Create innovative and interactive experiences that build connections between ourselves, our students & our communities.
The AGA welcomes over 20,000 students and teachers each year to explore connections between art, ideas and our lived experiences through a number of engaging & unique program offerings in the galleries and in the Singhmar Centre for Art Education. For the upcoming 2021/2022 school year, we are excited to re-introduce in-person tours and continue to offer online experiences.
Taught by highly experienced and knowledgeable staff, school programs are booked as a singular program or combined for an in-depth look at art and its potential to transform our lives. Our programs touch on all aspects of the Alberta Program of Studies while expanding students’ multi-literacy capacity though the arts.
Available in English, French and Spanish.
Types of programs
Join us in-Gallery for close looking and thoughtful reflections. Each tour is 90-minutes in length.
We are offering 30-minute virtual conversations on featured artwork from current exhibitions and/or from our permanent collection. These conversations highlight the role of art in understanding our world; develop visual literacy and critical thinking skills while building meaningful connections across the curriculum.
These 60-minute online sessions include discussions and art-making activities. We will be featuring artwork from current exhibitions and/or from our permanent collection and the leading an art-making session where students can develop visual literacy and critical thinking skills while building meaningful connections across the curriculum.
To participate online:
- Register through our events calendar to receive an email with the meeting link
- Ensure you download or can open Google Meet or Gmail to participate
- Add the meeting to your calendar
- Gather paper and a pencil for sketching and brainstorming
- Log on a few minutes early to ensure your tech is working
- Enjoy the conversation with our dynamic Educators
A special thank-you to the EPCOR Heart + Soul Fund for supporting our online initiatives.