Follow these simple steps to book
1. SELECT an exhibition and preferred four week period (see below) and send in the booking request form by fax, email or request by phone. Once the booking is confirmed a contract will be sent to the venue. Please return a signed copy to TREX AGA.
* Please book according to Booking Period rather than month.
2. Approximately three weeks before the exhibition dates the venue will receive a press release and Interpretive Guide. The guide includes curatorial comments, artist biographies and/or interviews, background information relevant to the theme of the exhibition and art works in the exhibition, and hands-on art making projects to assist viewers in engaging with the exhibition. This guide is the venues to keep.
3. The venue will receive the exhibition a few days before the start of the booking period. The exhibition will end on the final date of the booking period chosen, with shipping scheduled for the next day.
4. Upon completion of the exhibition period please repack and ship the exhibition to the next venue. Repack the exhibition in the same way it was received, making sure to include didactic panels and all art work labels. Shipping is arranged and paid for by the AGA.
2019 - 2020 booking periods
Period 1: August 28 to September 25, 2019
Period 2: October 2 to October 30
Period 3: November 6 to December 4
Period 4: December 11, 2019 – January 15, 2020 (5 weeks)
Period 5: January 22 to February 19
Period 6: February 26 to April 1 (5 weeks)
Period 7: April 8 to May 6
Period 8: May 13 to June 10
Period 9: June 17 to July 15
Period 10: July 22 to August 26 (5 weeks)
Our thanks to the many individuals, organizations and communities who have contributed to the success of the Alberta Foundation for the Arts Travelling Exhibition Program.