Why become a member?
Membership supports the AGA and allows us to support the arts in Alberta and help us provide a wide range of exhibitions, education and public programs to everyone.
Did you know?
The Art Gallery of Alberta is a standalone, charitable organization. The support of our members is vital.
More than half our members join to support the AGA or the arts in general.
Join today, benefit all year!
Benefits of AGA membership
Reciprocal admission across Canada
All types of AGA memberships grant reciprocal admission to the following Canadian museums and galleries:
- Art Gallery of Grande Prairie
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
- Beaverbrook Art Gallery in New Brunswick
- Glenbow Museum in Calgary
- Kamloops Art Gallery
- National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa
- Nickle Galleries in Calgary
- The Power Plant in Toronto
- Southern Alberta Art Gallery in Lethbridge
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies in Banff
- Winnipeg Art Gallery
Membership has its privileges. AGA members are always welcome—no need to come on special days or evenings. Plan your visits according to your own schedule.
I like to bring my three-year old daughter to the AGA but don't want to test her patience. My membership lets me come for short visits with her, and then come back on my own to have a more in-depth experience.
Discounts across the gallery
Members save on
- Shop AGA purchases
- Art classes and workshops
- Tickets to various AGA events
- Food at Zinc Restaurant & Terrace Café
- Artwork framing through Art Rentals and Sales
- Receive a free exhibition catalogue from a curated selection upon renewal
And, when it's Members' Week, AGA members save even more!
Exclusive opening receptions
Get first peek at new exhibitions and socialize with the artists and curators at our AGA member opening receptions. And every cardholder can bring a guest, too!
This is the best part and the AGA does this so well. It's nice to go to the galleries and look around, but the talks, tours and openings add much in terms of appreciating the work presented—and it's a treat to rub elbows with other art lovers.
Choose the level of membership that fits your lifestyle
Give the gift of membership
All AGA memberships can be purchased as gifts. Just choose the membership you'd like to give, and phone in or visit us to purchase.