Drawing inspiration from the late American artist Mike Kelley's Memory Ware Series, campers from Green warriors created landscapes using plasticine and found objects. Make your own with the following steps.
- Shoebox lid
- Objects such as beads, buttons, plastic caps, pebbles, string, bread tags and puzzle pieces. etc.
1) Apply a thin layer of plasticine to the inside of your lid, no need to smooth it out - it will act as the glue.
2) Find a photo or draw an image of your favourite landscape - is it in your neighbourhood, city or somewhere you have travelled (if you travelled, try to incorporate an object from that trip!).
3) Sort your objects into colours and textures while thinking about your landscape layout (what colours are in the background, what textures do you see in the foreground).
4) Stick your objects firmly into the plasticine until the whole surface is covered with found objects.
5) Display your artwork prominently!