When positions are available, the Art Gallery of Alberta will consider persons with relevant experience interested in joining the Board of Directors through the submission of an expression of interest to the Governance and Nominations Committee. AGA Board Members are elected for a three-year term at the Annual General Meeting of the Members of the AGA, which is held in May of each year.
The Governance and Nominations Committee of the Board nominates individuals to fill any vacancies, taking into consideration the experience and qualifications of potential candidates. AGA By-Laws require that candidates for Board positions be at least 18 years of age and Members of the AGA in good standing. The Governance and Nominations Committee considers the following to be relevant:
- Interest in art, art education, culture and public art galleries and museums
- History of past involvement or contribution to the AGA
- Relevant professional experience including art, law, accounting, management, marketing, human resources, building and facility management, governance including not-for-profit organizations
- Leadership skills and experience
- Community and public service
- Willingness to participate in fundraising and ability to advocate for the AGA before all levels of government
- Willingness to commit time and energy in a collaborative environment
An objective of the AGA is to have a diverse Board of Directors reflecting the broader community that the AGA serves, including representation from regions of Alberta outside Edmonton.
If you would like to be considered by the Governance and Nominations Committee please send a letter indicating your interest and a description of your qualifications and experience to the AGA.