The AGA wants to engage youth in as many ways as possible. If you are still undecided about joining AGA Youth Council, read ahead. By joining our youth council, you can:
- Shape programming for youth like yourself. The AGA wants to provide a place for youth to be themselves and express themselves through art. If you have ever wished that the Gallery spoke more to your interests, this is your chance to make a difference!
- Develop as a leader. Do you like suggesting new ideas and bringing them to fruition? Consider joining the AGA Youth Council to develop your leadership abilities. By planning different programs, you will learn from museum professionals, work with artists and develop lifelong skills to help in future endeavours.
- Meet other like-minded people. We hope to attract many young people on our council who share a passion in arts and developing programs for fellow youth. Working with youth like yourself who share similar aspirations can help you make meaningful friendships.
- Learn more about the AGA and how art galleries work. Maybe you have participated in our programs before or seen and wondered how it all comes together. Working on the AGA Youth Council will illuminate the inner workings of an art gallery and how the programs you love come to life.
- Add to your resume. If you are applying for jobs and need something to boost your portfolio, consider the following: 20 hours per month of volunteer time including council meetings, sub-committee meetings, planning and delivery of events, attendance at events and email correspondence. That is a lot of experience to gain!
Whether all these reasons resonate with you or just a few, consider signing up for Youth Council today! The AGA Youth Council is brought to you by Maclab Development Group and Maclab Properties Group.