honest_door via Instagram
The AGA is thrilled to announce our reopening on June 19 and 20th to welcome the return of Members and guests with pre-booked admission here.
Saturday, June 19 AGA Members' Preview Day (11am-5pm). As a special thank you, our first day is exclusive for AGA Members and their guests and we will be opening the long-awaited exhibitions: The Scene, Black Every Day, Anna Hawkins: Blue Light Blue and Cornelia Hahn Oberlander: Genius Loci. Visit youraga.ca/exhibitions for more details on these exhibitions, the artists and other AGA exhibitions and programs.
Sunday, June 20 Public Reopening (11am-5pm). In celebration of June’s National Indigenous History Month and National Indigenous Peoples Day (Monday, June 21) we will be offering complimentary admission for our June 20th public reopening day. The AGA light column will be illuminated in orange in remembrance of the tragic deaths of 215 children at the Kamloops residential school.
AGA Hours: Commencing June 24, AGA hours will be Thursday to Sunday 11-5pm, with extended hours to 7pm Thursdays.
Please read more on COVID-19 health and safety protocols before your visit.
COVID-19 health and safety protocols
Together we can ensure everyone’s visit to the AGA is an enjoyable, welcoming and safe experience.
Help do your part
Wear a mask. Masks are mandatory in Edmonton’s indoor public spaces. Please wear your mask before entering or acquire a disposable mask for $2 at Guest Services (while supplies last). Sorry, we are unable to accommodate unmasked visitors.
Physical distance by staying two-meters apart and keeping household members together. Thank you for maintaining physical distancing and not crowding around artworks.
- AHS advice and stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms (even mild)
- Best practice and hand-sanitize upon entry and frequently during your visit
- The indicated direction of traffic (in/out and up/down)
- Recommendations to avoid touching surfaces when possible
- Capacity and distancing requirements in the elevator, galleries and bathrooms
- Entrance is currently only via the main front entrance doors and by pre-booked timed admission
- Reduced capacity in all spaces to ensure safe physical distancing
- Facilitating distancing with floor decals, directional markers and signage
- Masks are mandatory for all staff and visitors
- Plexiglass barriers are installed at key guest service areas
- Handwashing/sanitizing facilities on every floor
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting
- Children’s Gallery is open by appointment only. Please book here.
Thank you for your understanding, participation and for visiting your AGA!