March-April Showcase currently on display!
Registration for Showcase May-June 2020 is now open!
Check out the dates below and click here to book your space.
|Install Date||Showcase Dates||Pickup Date|
|January 4||January 9||Jan 11 - Feb 25||February 28|
|February 25||February 29||Mar 3 - Apr 21||May 1|
|April 21||May 2||May 5 - Jun 23||July 2|
|June 23||July 3||Jul 7 - Aug 25||August 27|
|August 25||August 28||Sep 1 - Oct 20||October 29|
|Nov 3 - Dec 22||January 8|
SHOWCASE: Small spaces | big ideas is a community art project that highlights the work of local artists and creators.
Local design firm Oliver Apt. took inspiration from the building’s own architectural zinc tiles and created a constellation of 26 mini-exhibition spaces available for 2-month bookings. This non-juried exhibition is open to anyone of any age, experience or background who wants to show their artwork at the AGA. Each booking period brings a new look at the diversity of Alberta's creativity.
The AGA retains the right to refuse any submission that is deemed inappropriate for presentation in the public realm, primarily commercial in its intent, offensive and/or dangerous. The AGA also retains the right to remove a Showcase artwork at any time. Should this occur, the Showcase participant will be informed.
Please note: The AGA will make every attempt to book the Showcase space requested; however, an alternate Showcase space may be allocated at the AGA’s discretion depending on space available and submitted works.
Submitting Work to Showcase: Helpful Hints
- Registration is done online, via the link at the top of this page. Click the link and follow the prompts to select a space, then input your information into the form. Spaces are priced individually, $21 plus GST.
- When registering, make sure to use current contact information that you check regularly. If we are unable to contact you, we may not be able to return your work to you at the end of your Showcase period.
- Be detailed about display methods, and the works themselves. We often get multiple works in one submission, and in that case, we need to know which work is which.
- As every artist knows, always label your work. please include the artist name and title of work somewhere inconspicuous on the work so we can keep good track of it, and return it safely to you. Taking a documentary photo of the work is also good for your records, as well as pickup.
- Works for drop-off should be in a labeled bag or box that will safely transport the art and can be stored properly.
- The image below indicates the size of the space you will be renting and therefore your work will need to fit these measurements.
Drop-off and Pickup
- Once you register for your space, you can drop your work off at the Guest Services Desk during regular gallery hours.
- Your work must be labeled and packaged, with a paper copy of the submission form filled out and signed.
- Once the Showcase period has ended we will contact you for pickup. If you do not pick up the work within 10 days we cannot guarantee work will be kept, as storage is limited.
- Pickup is at the Guest Services Desk. Provide your name and a brief description of your work and they will retrieve it from storage.