Do you love art and know your way around social media? Would you be keen to share moments from Art Gallery of Alberta events and programming with our followers? The AGA is looking for volunteers to bring these events to life online.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to attend Art Gallery events and may meet artists or performers associated with the events. Social Media Ambassadors will also have the opportunity to accumulate volunteer hours, which they can put towards receiving a free one-year membership to the AGA.
Interested? Send a cover letter, availability, plus a few sample social media posts to email@example.com c/o Sarah Teasdale. A resume is not required, but we'd love to see links to your personal social media accounts or other accounts you've posted for in the past.
To attend and capture Art Gallery of Alberta events and programs in order to increase interest and attendance at future events
- Write interesting, engaging social media content for the appropriate channels that highlight the event and increase interest in future events.
- Social media is visual - take photos/videos via mobile that complement your content copy.
- Creating engaging Instagram stories that excite our followers
- Send content to supervisor for approval and be ready to post or make minor edits as needed.
- Ideally, we would like you to attend 2-3 events/programs/exhibitions per month; creating content while at the event to post live, as well as taking high quality photographs to add to our photo archives. Most events run 1-2 hours.
- Strong written communication skills
- Interest in arts & culture
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of social media channel requirements (length, hashtags, etc)
- Proficient in photography and/or videography
- Gaining work–related experience or clarifying employment interests
- Accumulating volunteers hours towards a free AGA membership for a year
- Sharing skills, talents and knowledge with others
- Getting the “inside scoop” on upcoming AGA events and free attendance
- Receiving a letter of recommendation or reference, upon request