Reporting to the Executive Director / Chief Curator, The Publicist / Media Relations Coordinator will work as part of the AGA’s Marketing and Communications team to grow and nurture an informed, engaged audience for the AGA. The position facilitates all AGA departments with their publicity needs: exhibitions, education and interpretive programs, ShopAGA, Art Rental and Sales, Membership and sponsor and donor engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and edit copy to support marketing and promotions of AGA programming, development and concessions activities
- Create and edit content for AGA owned media including: E-newsletter, website, social media and blog posts
- Create and edit copy for marketing materials and communications including: news releases, advertising, in-gallery print collateral, Take Part and Annual Report
- Ensure consistency of copy, messaging and tone across AGA communications (brand consistency)
- Generate publicity for the AGA: drive earned media strategies; plan and coordinate media relations; grow media reach; manage media previews and interviews; track and report on media coverage; regular upkeep of media list;
- Coordinate media conferences and events and distribute AGA information to media contacts
- Contribute to the growth of community relations and promotional outreach;
- Draft speaking notes and attend AGA openings and special events as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Public Relations or related discipline, with two or more years’ experience in journalism, PR or communications, preferably in the arts
- Demonstrable high proficiency in writing for many media, including: print and digital, promotional, advertising, storytelling and brand journalism
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Experience monitoring, managing and analysing owned and earned media campaigns
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team and to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Superb verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Please submit cover letter and CV by mail or e-mail to: email@example.com.
Art Gallery of Alberta
2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1
No phone calls please.
Application deadline: 5 pm, Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.