The Art Gallery of Alberta is committed to engaging Edmontonians and Albertans from all backgrounds in programming, creating a welcoming and engaging environment where people are motivated to transform their understanding of the world by connecting with the visual arts.
In addition to AGA organized exhibition programming, the AGA often works with local community groups and arts organizations to facilitate programs and small, community generated exhibitions that build new relationships and accomplish common goals. Some of these programs are initiated and led by the Art Gallery of Alberta, but we also welcome proposals to collaborate with other organizations.
Examples of our outreach programming include:
- A Community Tour series organized in connection with the exhibition Past Imperfect: A Canadian History Project, giving Edmonton’s diverse community the opportunity to tell their Canadian story
- Cultural festivals and celebrations of National Aboriginal Day and Alberta Culture Days at the AGA
- Special programming for newcomers to Canada
- Community initiated exhibitions in our L1 Gallery
- Collaborating with local organizations on a variety of small community and visual arts oriented events, including film screenings, talks, and panels.