Reporting to the Head, Enterprise and Engagement, Guest Services Representatives are the “face of the AGA” and work closely with staff to assist guests and members with the logistics and enjoyment of exhibitions, programs and events. This role is responsible for processing admissions, memberships, programs and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively obtain information on upcoming events, classes and programming in order to provide detailed and accurate information to the public;
- Process transactions for general admission, memberships, programs and events in the Tessitura ticketing system;
- Daily cash handling and reconciliation;
- Demonstrate knowledge of all levels of AGA Memberships, and help drive membership sales by promoting membership benefits to guests;
- Answer the AGA’s main phone line, transfer calls to the appropriate AGA staff members, answer inquiries regarding classes, programming and AGA events;
- Monitor the email@example.com email account, forward emails to the appropriate AGA staff, answer inquiries regarding classes, programming and AGA events;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience, dealing with front-line customer interaction and strong phone etiquette;
- Minimum of one year of cash handling;
- Previous experience with POS, Database entry, and Microsoft Office suite of programs:
- The ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize work, and calmly handle large volumes of people during peak times;
- Individuals with interest / experience in art related positions will be considered an asset;
- Prior experience with an arts organization would be considered an asset;
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
This is a part-time term contract ending January 31, 2021.
The AGA is committed to promoting diversity and representativeness within our organization. We strive to provide and maintain a fair and equitable environment for all by valuing and respecting individual differences for our enrichment and that of the community we serve.
September 25, 2020
Please submit cover letter and resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Equivalencies will be considered.