Reporting to the Head, Enterprise and Engagement, as part of the visitor experience team, Gallery Attendants ensure the safety of artworks in the gallery space, provide interpretive support for visitors, and work to make the gallery an engaging and welcoming space for diverse audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring the exhibition space for the purpose of art protection;
- Ensuring visitors follow gallery rules set in place for the protection of the space and artworks;
- Proactively obtain information on upcoming events, classes and programming in order to provide detailed and accurate information to the public;
- Actively engaging with visitors and communicating about the Art Gallery, exhibitions and artworks;
- Leading public and private tours as needed;
- Participating in training sessions, exhibition walkthroughs and reading relevant training material;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience, dealing with front-line customer interaction;
- Comfortable in a public speaking role;
- Basic physical fitness, this positions requires that one stand for a period of up to four hours;
- Individuals with interest / experience in art related positions will be considered an asset;
- Prior experience with an arts organization would be considered an asset;
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
This is a part-time position.
The AGA is committed to promoting diversity and representativeness within our organization. We strive to provide and maintain a fair and equitable environment for all by valuing and respecting individual differences for our enrichment and that of the community we serve.
September 25, 2020
Please submit cover letter and resume by e-mail to: email@example.com
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Equivalencies will be considered.