Reporting to the Executive Director / Chief Curator, the Executive Administrator will provide administrative support for the Executive Director / Chief Curator and the AGA Board of Directors. Specific responsibilities of the Executive Administrator include: Board liaison activities; meeting coordination, scheduling and minutes; scheduling of daily appointments and travel; managing mailing lists, internal communications and external correspondence; human resources assistance (including: employment letters / contracts, employee orientation and administrative training); assistance with the preparation of grants, reports and presentations; expense reporting; and other general administrative assistance as required.
As this role will have direct contact with the AGA Board of Directors and deal with sensitive and materials. Similarly, the individual will provide proactive general support to the AGA’s Executive Director/Chief Curator, managing their scheduling, meeting coordination and general administrative duties. Confidentiality is paramount to success in the position.
The Executive Administrator will be expected to carry out the following activities:
Board of Directors Coordination
• Maintaining Board of Directors communications and documentation including: Board lists, meeting minutes, quorum tracking, correspondence, orientation, etc...
• Ensuring effective filing and record keeping of all Board related documents and By-Laws, including the electronic storing of these, where appropriate; • Coordinating the AGA Annual General Meeting
• Drafting and/or editing letters, correspondence, presentations and reports in support of the Executive Director/Chief Curator and Board of Directors;
• Conducting research, preparing reports and compiling information as requested by the Executive Director/Chief Curator
• Assisting with grant writing and reporting;
• Assisting with Human Resources management
• Managing internal AGA communications;
• Managing VIP mailing lists and RSVPs;
• Processing and prioritizing incoming mail; and
• Receiving/Screening calls and taking messages for Executive Director/Chief Curator.
• Maintaining AGA corporate documents including: By-Laws, Board policies, Charity and Alberta Societies returns, etc...
• Maintaining and organizing the Executive Director/Chief Curator’s daily schedule and reminders (e.g. coordination of calendar, reservations, invitations, meeting confirmations and other appointments)
• Maintaining and organizing digital and hard copy files and information for the Executive Director/Chief Curator
• Coordinating meeting logistics, including: invitations/attendance, scheduling, room booking, catering, A/V equipment; etc...
• Preparing, compiling and distributing documentation in advance and after meetings;
• Coordinating travel, hotel and guest arrangements, itinerary preparation and expense reporting, in support of the Executive Director/Chief Curator and other AGA departments/staff; and
• Other duties, as required, including project and event specific support.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in an administrative position, ideally within a non- profit or arts context. They must be highly organized, possess excellent attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to effectively prioritize workflow. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are required, as well as an ability to exercise independent judgment, demonstrate unquestionable regards to confidentially and organizational awareness show initiative and be proactive in the work place.
Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Excel, Pivot table, Word, Power Point and MS Outlook) is also required.
Application deadline: 5 pm, Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Please submit cover letter and CV by mail or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Gallery of Alberta
2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1
No phone calls please. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.