The Art Gallery of Alberta believes that the best way to truly understand art is to experience the culture behind it. Given this belief, we take every opportunity to offer our members’ exclusive travel experiences that enhance their art education through unique experiences and essential visits to museums, art galleries and other cultural highlights.
We ask that participants book their own airfare. Package inclusions vary depending on trip format and destination. Please note any exclusions and plan accordingly.
Join us in Venice: June 5-12, 2017
Once every 10 years, the contemporary art world marks the alignment of 3 of its most important international exhibitions: La Biennale de Venezia (which occurs every 2 years), Documenta (which occurs every 5 years) and the Skulptur Projekte Münster / Munster Sculpture Projects (which occur only every 10 years). The summer of 2017 is one of these rare and important years – a year in which these 3 stars align.
Join AGA Executive Director / Chief Curator, Catherine Crowston, and art historian Dr. William Wood as they walk you through their selected highlights of the 57th Biennale di Venezia, which for 2017 is themed around the title: “Viva Arte Viva.” The trip will feature 3 days in the Venice Biennale grounds, as well as guided visits to several of Venice’s renowned art museums and collections.
Come with us to explore the art of Venice and then travel on to Germany to see 2 more of the world’s most important contemporary art exhibitions. For those who love contemporary art, this is the year to travel.
Venice Tour Package Features
- 7 nights accommodation at Hotel Ala, Superior Room
- Daily Breakfasts at the Hotel Ala
- 3-course Welcome Dinner (Monday, June 5)
- 3-course Farewell Dinner (Sunday, June 11)
- Three-day admission pass to the Venice Biennale
- Venice Museum admissions
- Gratuities for all scheduled visits and activities
- Charitable tax receipt from the AGA
Venice Tour Highlights
- 2017 57th Biennale di Venezia: “Viva Arte Viva”
- François Pinault Collection: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- Special exhibitions and Venice Biennaleoff-site venues to be added
Full Package Price
$3,990 per person (Based on double occupancy, Superior Room)
AGA charitable tax receipt for $1,200
$650 – Classic Single Room Supplement
$750 – Deluxe Room Upgrade (Based on Double Occupancy)
CONFIRMATION REQUIRED: November 1, 2016
Deposit: $1,200 (Non Refundable Deposit) per person
Package does not include:
- Airport Transfers
- Baggage fees
- Meals and beverages not included in scheduled activities
- Travel Insurance: Cancellation & Medical Package
- Personal or optional tours
- Laundry and other personal expenses
- The trip does not include guided visits to Documenta and Skulptur Projekte Munster. Those wishing to continue to these destinations please ask for more information when you register.
Due to the nature of Venice and the demands of the tour itinerary, participants must be able to walk and/or stand for several hours.
For more information or to reserve your space please contact Barbara Keir at Barbara.Keir@youraga.ca or 780-392-2465, by November 1, 2016.