Travelling Exhibition Program (TREX)
The Alberta Foundation for the Arts (AFA) has supported a provincial travelling exhibition program since 1981.The mandate of the AFA Travelling Exhibition Program is to provide every Albertan with the opportunity to enjoy visual art exhibitions in their community.
Three regional galleries and one arts organization coordinate the program for the AFA:
- Northwest Alberta: The Art Gallery of Grande Prairie
- Northeast and North Central Alberta: The Art Gallery of Alberta
- Southwest Alberta: The Alberta Society of Artists
- Southeast Alberta: Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre
New TREX Exhibitions for 2015/2016 from the AGA
- …rattled to the bone This exhibition, which begins travelling in September, 2015, features the work of five contemporary Alberta artists who, through visual art and exposition, ponder the nature of beauty in the 21st century.
- Echo Chamber This exhibition, which begins travelling in September, 2015, features the work of three contemporary Alberta artists investigating memory and personal narrative and engages viewers in the creation of new perceptions of reality and experience.
- Imprints Featuring works drawn from the collection of the Alberta Foundation for the Arts this exhibition, which begins travelling in August, 2015, examines the history of printmaking in Alberta and recognizes individuals who, through their artistic efforts and administrative/educational roles, are responsible for the stature of print media on the provincial, national and international art stages.
The AGA TREX exhibition Wayfinders, sponsored by Syncrude Canada Ltd., begins travelling Region 2 in January of 2015. This exhibition, curated by First Nations artist and educator Aaron Pacquette, presents the work of contemporary aritsts who reflect upon traditional First Nations knowledge and imagery to inform their examinations of contemporary matters.
TREX Booking Catalogue
Please click here for the 2015-2016 booking catalogue.
For more information or for booking, contact Shane Golby, Travelling Exhibitions Manager/Curator at 780.428.3830, ext. 2
TREX Exhibition Schedule
April to July 2015 (PDF 238.6 KB).
Schedules are updated every three months.
Current TREX interpretive guides
A Room With a View – Education Kit (PDF 4.2 MB)
Black Gold – Education Kit (PDF 6.8 MB)
Eye and the City – Education Kit (PDF 20 MB)
The Grand Tour – Education Kit (PDF 14 MB)
La Vie Fantastique – Education Kit (PDF 18 MB)
Lynn Malin – Education Kit (PDF 6.4 MB)
Pathmakers – Education Kit (PDF 6.8 MB)
Out to Alberta – Education Kit (PDF 16 MB)
Storytellers – Education Kit (PDF 6.2 MB)
Urban Animals – Education Kit (PDF 23.8 MB)
Wayfinders – Education Kit (PDF 16.5 MB)
Current TREX Exhibition Brochures
A Room with a View (PDF)
Black Gold (PDF 1.3 MB)
Eye and the City (PDF 2 MB)
The Grand Tour (PDF 3 MB)
La Vie Fantastique (PDF)
Out of Bounds (PDF 4 MB)
Out to Alberta (PDF 1.3 MB)
Urban Animals (PDF)
AFA TREX Map
View the AFA’s TREX Map, showing exhibition locations throughout Alberta.