Closing Date: Wednesday December 24, 2014, 5 pm
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Security Manager promotes the safety and protection of the Art Gallery of Alberta (AGA), the staff and patrons, exhibitions and artwork displayed within the building, and the AGA permanent collection housed in our state of the art Collection Storage Facility.
The ideal candidate will have senior level experience in risk management and security, as well as sound knowledge of the specialized environmental requirements in a museum setting.
The Security Manager will use strong communication and customer service skills to oversee staff and contractors in providing a world class experience to our members and guests. The Security Manager requires robust analytical skills to create and analyze information and reporting, as well as the financial acumen to develop and manage the departmental budget.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in asset protection, preferably in a museum or gallery environment;
- Contemporary computer skills, with specific knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs;
- Familiarity with financial information, preparing and monitor budgets;
- Certified Physical Security Professional (PSP) would be an asset.
- Security Management/Supervision: Liaise with security provider, including compilation of detailed guard requirements and oversight/training of personnel; Although this is a management position, business needs may also require the individual to play a hands-on role in meeting the security needs of the organization;
- Gallery Attendants: Work with Curatorial Department to recruit and hire staff; prepare schedules and payroll documents. Through coordination with Curatorial staff, this role will manage employee performance, training and provide regular reviews for gallery attendants;
- Art Protection: Provide security based on exhibition contractual obligations; ensure security practices are followed by staff and contractors; determine exhibition needs by engaging with Curatorial Department staff;
- Building Protection: Emergency response for after hour alarm systems; manage card access system; manage technology such as CCTV archive; liaise with AGA Facilities Manager to ensure risk management throughout the building and storage facilities;
- Financial: Daily analysis of POS results; annual budget preparation; regular analysis and oversight of expenses to achieve targets; manage third party security invoicing;
- Health and Safety: Manage the health, safety, and emergency program/plan; engage employees on safe and healthy work practices; investigate and complete reports for all accidents with employees and guests, liaising with local police (criminal checks, etc.), fire departments etc., as required.
- Insurance/Risk Management: Main point of contact for insurance related matters, including working with insurer/broker to provide coverage for artwork in transit and on display, permanent collections, and other required coverages. Role also will be responsible for investigating/reporting any incidents to the insurance company/brokers, etc.