AGA seeks Part-time Gallery Educator
The Art Gallery of Alberta (AGA), a non-profit arts institution, is seeking a part-time Gallery Educator. Reporting to the Education Programs Manager, the Gallery Educator will prepare and deliver educational programs for school-age visitors and teachers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver interactive gallery programs that follow set objectives for students ages 5-18
- Prepare and implement studio projects based on provided objectives and lesson plans
- A thorough understanding of all AGA exhibitions, interpretive messaging and feature studio art-making practices
- Related administrative duties leading up to and/or following program sessions
- Maintain and prepare art studios and learning spaces
- Attend regular training and evaluation meetings as scheduled
- Completed or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university degree in education, fine arts, art history or a related subject
- Extensive experience working with children and youth
- Knowledge of the Alberta Education Programs of Study and current research in education
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary art-making practices
- Experience with studio art making
- Able to communicate fluently, both orally and in writing, in English (bilingual candidates preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to be flexible and adapt instructional practices to diverse audiences
- Able to work both independently and with a team
The Gallery Educator Position is a part-time position beginning October 5, 2015. The wage for the position is between $18.00/hour at approximately 9-20 hours per week.
Please submit cover letter and resume by mail or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday September 10, 2015, 5 pm.
Education Programs Manager
Art Gallery of Alberta
2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.