Part-time French-English Bilingual Gallery Educator
The Art Gallery of Alberta (AGA), a non-profit arts institution, is seeking a French-English Bilingual Gallery Educator. Reporting to the Education Programs Manager, the French-English Bilingual Educator will prepare and deliver educational programs for school-age visitors and teachers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver interactive gallery programs that follow set objectives for students ages 5-18
- Prepare and implement studio projects based on provided objectives and lesson plans
- A thorough understanding of all AGA exhibitions, interpretive messaging and feature studio art-making practices
- Related administrative duties leading up to and/or following program sessions
- Maintain and prepare art studios and learning spaces
- Attend regular training and evaluation meetings as scheduled
- Completed or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university degree in education, fine arts, art history or a related subject
- Extensive experience working with children and youth
- Knowledge of the Alberta Education Programs of Study and current research in education
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary art-making practices
- Experience with studio art making
- Be able to communicate fluently, both orally and in writing, in French and in English;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to be flexible and adapt instructional practices to diverse audiences
- Able to work both independently and with a team
The French-English Bilingual Educator Position is a part-time position beginning January 6, 2015. The wage for the position is $18/hour at approximately 9-20 hours per week.
Please submit cover letter and resume by mail or e-mail to email@example.com by Friday December 19, 2014, at 5 pm.
Education Programs Manager
Art Gallery of Alberta
2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2C1
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.