Teacher & School Programs at the AGA connect students to artwork through a variety of engaging access points. Using a constructivist approach to art education, School & Teacher Programs make connections between students, the community and art in all of its forms in a variety of interesting and meaningful ways.
Programs focus on visual literacy, experimentation, collaboration, problem solving, innovation and interaction.
AGA School & Teacher Programs:
- Provide engaging and accessible points of entry to AGA exhibitions for people of all ages with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Provide high quality, unique programming experiences that allow students and teachers to play, experiment and ‘un-know’ through gallery explorations and studio projects.
- Strengthen visual literacy and visual thinking skills through both the conceptual and technical side of art and the art-making process.
- Provide leadership in art education in the community through various initiatives and partnerships, including a variety of Teacher professional development opportunities.
- Support the goals of the 21st Century Skills Framework through programming that builds and strengthens innovation skills and information literacy skills.